Certification of marine equipment
In order for products such as fire protection equipment to be used on ships flying European flags, they must undergo the EC conformity assessment procedure described in the Marine Equipment Directive 2014/90/EU. Depending on the selected module combination, you as the customer will receive corresponding certificates at the end of the procedure, e.g.
- an EC type-examination certificate (module B) and
- a certificate of conformity with regard to quality assurance related to the production process (Module D), the product (Module E) or a (statistical) test or trial of the individual product (Module F).
Upon receipt of the two "certificates", you as the customer are entitled to affix the "wheel mark" to the product. Due to the MRA (Mutual Recognition Agreement) between the EU and the USA, the DMT certification body is authorised to issue a US Coast Guard approval number without additional inspection or certification.
Scope of services of the DMT Certification Body
As part of DMT GmbH & Co. KG, the DMT Certification Body is a Notified Body according to § 3 of the Marine Equipment Ordinance (SchAusrV). The DMT Certification Body is recognised by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) and has been listed by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure ("BMVI") under the identification number 2509 in "Nando" (New Approach Notified and Designated Organisations). The notification applies to fire protection equipment in accordance with Directive 2014/90/EU for marine equipment.
The DMT Certification Body is thus authorised to carry out EC conformity assessments for fire protection equipment in accordance with Directive 2014/90/EU for modules B, D, E and F and to issue the corresponding certificates.
With us, you receive the testing and certification of your products from a single source.
Our expertise and your benefit
- Independence, neutrality and impartiality
- Notified body (NoBo) according to Directive 2014/90/EU
- Free movement of goods within the EU on the basis of the Wheel Mark
- MED approval and US Coast Guard approval without additional inspection or certification from a single source
- Comprehensive support from our experts
- Independent and needs-based advice on EC conformity assessment procedures
(no engineering in the literal sense!)
Further IMO-listed test laboratories for the required type tests can be found here:
(You need a free "Public user" account)