Dust and Particle Analytics
In our dust analysis laboratory, we determine the particle size distribution by means of various methods: sieve analysis, laser diffraction and impactor.
We use these methods to determine the particle sizes of dusts and / or particle size distributions of bulk goods, both for internal quality control and as an offer to customers for order measurements.
For our customers, we also offer the determination of the dusting behavior of bulk materials or materials with a tendency to dust.
Further on we offer the analysis of fibers. This means the determination of the fiber length distribution,
The basis of these methods are, inter alia, the following standards:
- DIN 66165-1; Particle size analysis - sieve analysis
- DIN EN ISO 8130-13; Powder paints - Particle size analysis by laser diffraction
- ISO 13320:2009-10; Particle size analysis. Laser diffraction methods
- DIN EN 15051-2; Exposure at the workplace - Measurement of the dusting behavior of bulk materials
- Part 2: Rotary drum method MDIN 33897-3; Workplace atmosphere - Routine procedure for the determination of the dusting behavior of bulk materials
- Part 3: Dusting in static air
- DIN 33897-3; Workplaces atmospheres – Routine methods for the determination of dustiness of bulk materials- Part 3: Dust production in still air
- DIN 55992-1; Determination of the measurement of the dust development of pigments and fillers
- Part 1: Rotational methods (hay bed method)
- DIN EN 481; Workplaces atmospheres; size fraction definitions for measurement of airborne particles